Work went by quickly today. I got out at 12pm and went to the beach with Lizzie, Sam, CJ, Jeff, Mika, Natalie, and Sammy B.
It was so much fun even though it wasn’t the best of beach days. We played Frisbee, went swimming and drank some beers. It was a good time hanging out with great people.
For some reason I was agitated after work and on the way to beach. I guess it was a combination of my own forgetfulness as well as timing. I just get frustaited for no reason sometimes and it was stupid.
Luckily that all passed by the end of the day.
We left the beach when it started to rain. Weirdly enough it was the sunniest of the entire day as it began to rain. Go figure.
We stopped to get ice cream at a local store. I bought CJ’s and my own and the total came to $4.75. at first I thought it was a cheap place, but then I found out that we got a deal. CJ got a gummy bear waffle cone full of ice cream and I got a small ice cream that was definitely a large. Plus she put jimmies on the top and bottom of my ice cream. It was great.
I think the ice cream scooper either had a crush on me (As CJ and others were convinced) or she felt bad because I was wearing no shoes or pants. She probably thought I was a dirty hippy. haha. Who knows.
On the drive home CJ and I “ate a sandwich”. It began to downpour! I could barely see out my windshield but I loved it. Normally I would have been tensly holding the wheel in the same storm, but I was feeling great. CJ rolled down the window and let the rain pour in. Life is great.
It was one of those moments that I just felt so alive. Rain and storms can do that to me. I guess its the feeling of having no control over the situation. Driving through the mess was awesome.
See? It all works out in the end.
Love, Lynne
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment